Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Dinner Rolls

This is actually my mother in law's cinnamon roll recipe. (Minus the cinnamon)

3 1/2 cups warm water
1 cup veg. oil
3/4 cup sugar
3 Tbl yeast
(Mix these ingredients together, cover and let sit for 15 minutes.)

Add:
1 Tbl salt
3 eggs
10 1/2 cups flour

Mix and roll out dough. Form into rolls and let rise 15-20 minutes. Spread a little butter on the top and bake at 425 degrees for about 15 minutes.

I cut this recipe in half and it made 1 1/2 pans of rolls, perfect for my little family.

Also, I shaped these rolls by taking a glob of dough, rolling it into a 5-6 inch "snake." Tying it in a knot, then tucking the ends underneath.

2 comments:

Shanna said...

I'm always looking to try new bread recipes! Thanks!

TheHottonSix said...

Those look delicious.